Dec 12-13, 2017 | San Francisco, CA
- 2 days
- Participation Limit:
- 30 people
- San Francisco, CA
- Member Cost:
- Non-Member Cost:
- IEP CE Credits:
Leading a team isn’t easy. Many people in the interactive entertainment industry find themselves taking on managerial responsibilities without a full understanding of what is required to be effective in the role.
This Expert Workshop looks at the misconceptions and common challenges that exist for managers in creative industries and provides foundational learnings to help them cultivate their own personal approach to leadership.
Led by seasoned executives of the business, attendees are exposed to both managerial theory and practical activities to provide immediate value to their daily work-life.
The workshop will examine the key principles of successful management including:
- Balancing Friendship and Management
- Delegation, Trust, and Accountability
- Collaborative vs. Directive Communication
- Defining and Communicating Vision
- Succession Planning for Career Growth
- Employee Career Planning for Team Success
- Empowering Self Awareness
- Managing Up and Down Effectively
This expert workshop is recommended for all interactive entertainment industry professionals that are currently in a management role or expected to pursue a leadership path.